This photo was taken by Eric Malemanche who is a photographer and the founder of Encre Noire. I was given permission to use this photo because I found it so incredible and beautiful. I noticed a lot of symmetry in this photo, mainly vertical symmetry. The building being the focal point of it, and the window with it's perfectly symmetric shape and the flowers toward the bottom of the picture as well. I also feel if you divide the whole picture in half it is still very symmetrical which adds a familiar feel to the picture.
I also think the lighting with the window definitely adds to the photo. You see that the top of the window sill is darker than the bottom which if you see the picture a little bigger you would notice the building and the slight texture of it because of the lighting. It is also the same with the flowers. You can notice the softness of the petals because of the position and the lighting coming in through the window. I just love that the picture is brighter giving it a sense that this specific day is going to be Awesome. I feel that if it was made darker then it would give this whole photo a gloomier feel and it would seem like the day just won't go as planned or even maybe something terrible will or has happened. I definitely think the brightness of the black and white adds to the photo.
I also feel that this picture is very harmonious and well oriented (with the Eiffel Tower being in the background) because of the familiar feel that the picture has overall. I feel that this picture represents what those in Paris see on a daily basis. For me, I feel as if I am there looking at the Eiffel Tower through my own window. It's kind of like another day Paris.

Ah, Paris. Tu me manques. Nice work .
ReplyDelete