Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Food For Thought: Website

I was excited to get the chance to make the website design for Food For Thought. I tried making the site as simple as possible especially because when students are hungry during class they would need a sight that would load quickly, which would allow for them to order the food they wanted quickly. I liked using just basic elements for this site. For the banner (home, the disguise, etc) there is that figure/ground relationship that gives the impression of that there is more than just this 2D thing going on. I had a little trouble really understanding the use of the grid lines, but with what I had I thought that where everything was positioned on the homepage and the other pages that allowed for that center type feeling, but also that I wanted to make the pages actually look like a page rather than this big white space even though it would have looked nice any other way. So there is a black border around each subject, which lines up with the grid line on the page. After playing around with the site a little more I finally realized what good use the grid lines actually are. The law of simplicity is put in place as well because of the simpleness of the product we wanted to offer on the site. The law of similarity is also used because of the size and use of the yellow lines. I also thought that it would be a good idea to have a mobile website because of our target audience they would be using their cell phones or ipads to order food, so I thought it would be most beneficial to have that cross platform type deal that would allow for anyone to use their laptop, smart phone, or Ipad to get what they needed from our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment