Thursday, March 7, 2013

Composed Frame



I really didn't have time to compose a picture for the assignment, but while I was at work I thought that using the board we use at the radio station would be good to use. To begin the rule of thirds you can see that the headphones are at a point where your eye goes to first, or whereabouts the golden mean is. Your eye then follows the line either to the right or down giving you a little more understanding of what is in the photo.
I tried positioning my camera at an angle to get the diagonal effect of the board. You can see the buttons going out of the frame in a diagonal way. I'm not sure how successful I was at positioning it, but I feel that once you lay your eye on the diagonal buttons then your eye follows that.
I'm also not very sure about doing the vectors right either, but I feel that this has an index vector which if you look at the headphones you notice the cord attached and your eye tends to follow the cord off the frame. At least that is what it mine does.
I know that most people won't feel like this for radio, but whenever I find myself looking at the board in the radio studio I always get so excited. I want to play around, and listen to music. This gives me a sense of fun and excitement. I find that the use of the rule of thirds and the diagonal lines really emphasis the excitement you can get from the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment